Half Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hughes will not rush Santa Cruz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GersFan
Chairman
GersFan

Male

Hughes will not rush Santa Cruz Empty
PostSubject: Hughes will not rush Santa Cruz   Hughes will not rush Santa Cruz EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes says he expects newly-signed striker Roque Santa Cruz to be out of action until the end of August.

The 27-year-old joined from Blackburn for a reported £18m with City aware that he needed knee surgery.

"We knew he'd have a period of rehab when we signed him, but we have good options up front," Hughes told the club's website.

"Rather than bring him back too soon I'd give him the time he needs."

City have also signed Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor as part of their summer transfer spree, and their spending could well continue as they make another bid for Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

But Everton manager David Moyes is unwavering in his insistence he will not be letting anyone leave Goodison Park.

"I've said all along that I have no intention of selling my best players," Moyes told Everton's website.

"Joleon is simply not for sale."
Back to top Go down
https://halftime.forumotion.net

Hughes will not rush Santa Cruz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Time :: UK Football Forums :: English Premier League :: EPL Team Forums :: Manchester City-
Jump to: